Monday, September 26, 2011

One Year later...

Dear Dad, Mom, Aleksi, Max, and Cassie!
   I love you all! This week we had leadership conferences on Wednesday and Thursday. It really helped me to see what things we need to change to have more success. I'm going to really try this week to figure out how I can be really successful, not be stressed, love everyone and Mexico, and really change my mission! Thursday night I was feeling really depressed. How was it already my year mark?! I still haven't even become near the man I know Heavenly Father wants me to be! I know I may be making you all proud, but they expect so much more out of us that you all do from me. I wish I can find the way to just be at peace and love who I am and how I do what I do. I don't know if I can explain. But like I told Eva, I want to be Elder Poirier. Not any other elder. Elder Mitchell Poirier, that is. Because soon there will be another Elder Poirier in the mission! Whoa! Anyway, I'm feeling happy today. We didn't complete the standard this week. I'd explain more about why etc, but you don't care about numbers. Tere did go to church. She wants to get baptized! She just has a few things in the way. Olivia and Alberto finally were accompanied by two of their daughters, Karen and Lupita, to church. The best news is that Karen says she wants to get baptized as well. She's 22 and I FEEL AND KNOW that she'll be serving a mission in a couple years. WHOOP WHOOP! I bought sunscreen. I'm tired of people telling me I'm red. So hopefully by the time I go home I'll have normal skin again. Minus the tan lines of course. I love you all!
Love,
  Elder Poirier

No comments:

Post a Comment