Monday, February 7, 2011

Hola!


Dear Family!
  Thanks for your emails this week. I love being in Mexico--we baptized another person, the father of a family of 5 kids. His wife and the kids old enough had all been baptized a few months ago. He had at first been seeking to destroy the church, and even wanted to attack the bishop, but his heart has totally changed. I'm so happy for their family! It's hot here! Today we played futbol as a zone. That and the baptism were really two of the few things that I enjoyed this week. As I said, I love Mexico. But being a missionary seems to just get harder and harder as you try to be the best you can be. I've been thinking a lot about the things I've learned so far in these 4 months, and even listed it all out in my journal to make it easy for reference. It's difficult being a missionary many reasons, but to me, especially this week, I have one. There is a lot of emotional stress, but the trouble is that you can't deal with it the way you used to. I can't go swimming. I can't go for a drive or listen to music or hang out with friends or read a book. You have to find some way to deal with and get over it. This really is a great work, I really am enjoying myself, and I really am learning and growing. But it's really hard. That's the one thing I want Max to be prepared for. There will be annoying companions. There will be rejection. You will be away from home. Communication is limited. I want Max to make sure he knows that before he goes on his mission so that right away he can know how to deal with it all. I'm sorry if this email isn't so cheery, but this week really was difficult.
   Something happy...I love getting everyone's dearelders!!! I wish I could reply to them, but I have no time!! It's so sad because I can see everyone just stop writing me :( But the dearelders really lift me up. Also, this week we got to eat lunch with Miriam. I love Miriam!! She's so happy ever since she got confirmed!! She feels such peace and spirit! I'm glad to hear all is well at home! Thanks for the birthday wishes!! I love you all!! and Dad, sorry my ties are too short! I love you!!! Just know that I am happy! This mission just is making my introspective personality or whatever go on a frenzy! My mind is constantly reviewing and pondering and learning and it's just really hard on me. I feel like I'll never be the best missionary I can be ahah, like it's impossible to go home without regrets!
   Love, Elder Mitchell Poirier
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment