Monday, March 14, 2011

Hi Family!


My Family!!!
  I love that it's already P-day! Today we played soccer! I'm honestly getting really good! It's a lot of fun. I even scored a goal!! A good one. I'm becoming accostumed to living in Mexico and being a missionary. This is my life. I'm so grateful that you are all doing well and that you're all happy! This week I got to go to the Guadalajara Temple!!! Elder Parry has two converts (a couple) who wanted to go to the temple for the first time! We asked permission and spent a day there! So great! It looked JUST like the photo they have online (duh I know, but really!) I just have a few funny stories for this week. I don't know what else to say!
1- We were walking on the sidewalk when Elder Parry yelled, "Watch out!" I didn't know what he was talking about until a HUGE black chow-chow dog started to bark and snap at me from a window at my height!! I flinched really bad and so Elder Parry got a good laugh!
2- We were talking to an investigator outside of a gated privada when suddenly the gate started closing and just about hit me in the face. Again, I flinched.
3- We were taking a bus to the temple. It was very bumpy. We were standing. Elder Parry lost his balance and swung his arm around. Guess where the back of his hand hit... Yes, I got #&%$@ slapped by my companion.
4- We were contacting a guy whose door we knocked when he pretended to start falling asleep leaning on his door. Really? So I just stopped midsentance and left.
5- "Yeah I have a faith in Christ! Look, I have the Virgen on my wall!"
6- "We're representatives of Jesus Christ" "Sorry, we don't know how to read or write?" "Well, do you know how to listen?" That was Elder Parry.
 
That's all! I love you all!! I hope you have a great week!!
Love,
Elder Mitchell Poirier
Elder Rodriguez and I
Mexican English Bulldog
Guadalajara Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment