Monday, March 21, 2011

6 months!

 
"...be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you."
1 Peter 3:15



I Love My Family,
This week is going to have to be summed up because I spent so much time emailing President today. First of all, THANK YOU for the package of candy! The funny thing is that when I read that the package contained socks and ties, I was SO happy ahah. Then I opened it to a TON of candy! I love you mom and dad! And all the postcards! I love that you sent me one each day of your anniversary trip! This week I want to tell you that Perla is our progressing investigator. She's the only one that has come to church. And she LOVED it. She wishes her family would come so that they could know that it's not at all like what they expect, not at all like the Catholic Mass. We love her! She just needs to recognize that the Lord IS answering her prayers!
This week we enjoyed a lot of little treats. I got kiwi icecream in a cone (we love that little icecream shop!). I got an oreo milkshake at a Carl's Jr. Later in the week Elder Parry made pancakes for all of us (with eggs so that we don't have a hypoglaecemisiccijj w/e attack. Yes "we". He has it too). I got to go do a session in the temple!!!! In Spanish!! And I saw three real couples get married for this time and for all eternity! I love the temple! It felt so rejuvenating all over again!
So have you ever wondered what English sounds like to those who don't speak it? We can all imitate Chinese or German or French. But it is SO funny to hear people imititate English! It's a bunch of "shhhs" and "schwas." We'll be talking to each other in English and people at church will pretend to talk too! ahah
Anyway, I love you all!!!!! I miss you and hope that you are all doing well!
Love,
 Elder Poirier
CAN YOU BELIEVE I'VE ALREADY BEEN OUT SIX MONTHS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment