Tuesday, November 9, 2010

TRANSFERRED!

Dearest Family!
  I got transferred!! Now I'm in Douglas, Arizona, spanish-speaking, right on the border of Mexico. My two companions are Elder Glenn (as new as I am and pretty cool) and Elder Bowen (so far all he's told me is that I have a lot of stuff and will probably be here for a lot longer than I hope). Because of transfers occurring today, I didn't get my Pday yesterday. It's today. And also, my mail was put on hold until I got here. So hopefully I'll get a lot of letters this week. I won't be writing many today. It's pretty depressing without mail :( I seriously can't wait to get back to the MTC and on to Mexico. So this past week was pretty neat. We met a woman who's husband just passed away. We were able to teach her the Plan of Salvation. She really felt the spirit. It was a powerful lesson. Also, Josh and Heather are doing well, minus the car accident they got into yesterday! That was a sad goodbye (at the hospital of course). I hope that the next missionaries in that area are really cool and hard-working. I know how much the Gospel can bless all these families. Also, on Saturday we had several appointments from 1PM to the end of the night, all of which made us eat. Well. Of course. I had to vomit at that last home. I went to the bathroom and puked. They heard me of course. SO embarrassing. But very funny. When we left their home, I told them, "it was a pleasure... using your toilet!" Aye aye aye. Elder Ricks and I ended on a good note. He was super annoying and talked too much, but he was an obedient, diligent, enthusiastic missionary. It was a good experience overall. I really do just want to get out of Arizona though. Douglas is a small town. I wonder what it has to offer. I'm getting used to being a missionary. Again, it's a lot of hard work. I'm really being humbled. I again ask for your encouragement. I can't wait to call you from the airport!
  So how is home? How's Nana doing? How's November been? I feel like it's been forever since I've heard from you all! Thanks for the Greenie Package!!! And I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!
 
Love, Elder Mitchell Poirier

No comments:

Post a Comment