Monday, November 1, 2010

Jesús es el Cristo


HELLO FAMILY!!
My heart goes out to you all! I miss you a ton. Things here are pretty good. We've found a lot of potential investigators. On Saturday I had the opportunity to give out four copies of the Book of Mormon. We are teaching a few people. I hope that we can set a few baptismal dates this week. We'd be setting them for the 4th of December. Although I'd love to baptize people, I really hope I'm gone by then. This week I treated Elder Ricks to icecream from an icecream truck three times. First I got a Double Screwball, which is the cone with two gumballs at the bottom (reminded me of being a kid, we'd have to wait until after dinner to eat it). Then I got a Spiderman and a Spongebob. MMmm. And since it's been pretty hot here in the afternoons, we sit in the shade and eat them. Basically, we've done a lot of tracting and street-contacting. We've been pretty busy. Saturday, Elder Ricks exchanged with Elder Neilson. So I spent the day in charge basically since Elder Neilson didn't know the area. He'd served a year and 5 months in Spain. But his visa expired and couldn't get renewed. That STINKS. But anyway, I did all the planning and leading. It was awesome. It felt so natural. And I had confidence in teaching people and going up to talk to EVERYONE. Actually everyone. I'm a leader, not a follower. That's one thing I need to work on though, is following a leader. Elder Ricks is annoyed that I disagree with most things he decides. I don't do it on purpose. I need to work on patience too. Anyway, besides that, the highlight of the week was the Halloween party and Halloween night. The party was fun. There were A LOT of little kids. It was good for our investigators to meet members. And I'm sure their kids had a blast. We saw a lot of cool costumes: Phineaus and Ferb (disney channel), a Lego guy, Glinda from the Wizard of Oz, and a few other cool ones. Halloween night we had to be safe in our apt at 6 PM. Then we planned for the week. Then we played with play-doh for an hour. It was fun i guess. I can't wait to go back to the MTC. Oh yeah, sad story. Adriana (our investigator) dumped us. She actually said, when we stopped by, "I'm glad you guys came. I have something to tell you." She'd been anti-ed. So sad. That was the week in a nutshell. Elder Ricks leaves for home in 9 days! Crazy! It makes me think of how great that day will be for me in 23 months! Well, I love you all!!!! Keep the letters coming, because when I'm in Mexico, I won't be getting them!!
Love,
Elder Mitchell Poirier
 Elder Ricks and I cooling off after eating ice cream

My Missionary Tan


BIKING!!!

 Play-Doh time!
                                                      Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa!


Elder Neilsen and I with our investigators at the Ward Halloween party




Write me:
Arizona Tucson Mission
1840 E. River Rd. Suite 102
Tucson, AZ 85718


Los misioneros de tiempo completo, más de 52.000, sirven en 340 misiones en todo el mundo. Son siervos creyentes y dedicados del Señor. Su objetivo es “invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo a fin de que reciban el Evangelio restaurado mediante la fe en Jesucristo y Su expiación, el arrepentimiento, el bautismo, la recepción del don del Espíritu Santo y el perseverar hasta el fin”~Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment