Monday, July 23, 2012

2 Months to go...

Dear Family,
  This week we spent almost EVERYDAY in the house while my companion slept. He got a stomach infection Tuesday morning that kept him down all week. When that started to get better, he got ulcers on his tongue, supposedly from the fever, and had a headache that was so huge he just had to sleep all week. So I was SO BORED. There's no TV, video games, Harry Potter, or  computer to keep me busy. Instead I ended up playing chess by myself.. Really. So not much to report.
  All I can say is that I love my converts. They are so anxious to share the gospel with their friends and family! I'm so grateful we baptized them before these rules changed because THEY are going to be the ones who help us keep baptizing. Honestly, I don't enjoy visiting less-actives. One of them is a returned-missionary sealed to his wife in the temple. The whole family is less-active. How sad! And there was vodka on the shelf by the TV, half empty! What?! It makes me so sad. I don't want to stray from the iron rod! I've committed myself to read the scriptures everyday for the rest of my life. It's what's going to keep me safe and sure. I recommend you do it too.
  I have nothing else to say. I'm sorry. I love you all!
 Love,
   Elder Mitch Poirier

No comments:

Post a Comment