Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy in Mexico

Dear Family,
  I love you all so much. I had a dream a couple nights ago that I was home again. I have those dreams all the time. They feel so real. This time I was still dressed in my suit and tag, but I went into my room twice, the second time turning on the light, but realizing that Nana was in my bed. She told me how much she had missed me and that she didn't want me to leave again. Aww. I haven't dreamed of Nana this whole time, as far as I can remember. I bet Max has dreams of home too. This week we baptized again! Janette and Yosira. And this coming Saturday we're going to baptize again, Ruben and Laura. And this is already somehow week 6, so next time I email, I'll tell you if there were changes. It's sad because our favorite other companionship, Elder Petersen and Elder Pathakis, is having changes. Elder Pete goes home on Monday. Wow. How fast these 6 weeks flew by, even for me. I can't imagine what it felt like for him.. But I wonder if we'll still play basketball in the mornings.
  I'm going to share the salsa recipe: but I'm not sure how much of each thing... just go by taste I guess.
Tomatoes
Jalapeños or chile verde (those are what makes it spicy)
Fry them in oil until they are soft and a little burnt in certain places.
Then put them in a blender with a little bit of water (the consistancy you want of the salsa) with onion, garlic, and salt.
Add chopped onion and chopped cilantro.
Good luck.
   I love you all family! Everything is well here. I just am content trying to do my best and recognizing what I could do better, but not stressing over it. I just want to be happy.
Love,
  Elder Poirier

No comments:

Post a Comment