Monday, August 6, 2012

Flight Plans and Tamales

Dear Family!
   WHY DID YOU SEND ME MY FLIGHT PLANS? OH MY GOSH I STILL HAVE SEVEN WEEKS! NOW THAT'S GOING TO BE IN MY HEAD ALL SEVEN OF THOSE WEEKS!! aye aye aye hahaha. So 4:40 PM September 24th.
   You'll be pleased to know that I have a ton of recipes and look forward to making all this real mexican food for you all. Yesterday I FINALLY LEARNED HOW TO MAKE TAMALES!!! Since they're my favorite I was WAY excited! Patricia and Adad invited us over to make them! They came out so delicious! Do we have any little mexican markets in Stuart or nearby kind of. Or would I have to find the corn husks (hojas de maiz) in corn fields? Also, Patricia explained how to make Morelia's famous corundas, which are very similar to the tamal. I cannot wait to make them for you!



  So this week Elder Turner and I worked out all our problems. He was lacking a TON of iniciative so I was doing everything. He won't cross a street if I don't go first. We'll just stand there as he looks around waiting for me! AAAAHHHH!! But it'll be better. This may be our last week together since there are changes in one week. I really wish President would send me back to Guadalajara to end my mission. I don't think he's going to... he sent me an email that says I'm training Elder Turner until he's ready to be senior companion. So...  SIGH. But we'll see. Heavenly Father knows what's right and what I need, and His will be done.
  I love you family! Max, cheer up! I love you! I wish you were my last companion!!!!
Love,
   Elder Poirier (mitch)

No comments:

Post a Comment