Monday, November 28, 2011

I love the Mission!

Dear Family!
  I think I finally figured this out a little bit! This week I read a talk by Elder Bednar that he gave to future mission presidents this past July. For whatever reason it really hit me what my purpose is. In Preach My Gospel it says my purpose is "to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the Restored Gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." To repent is to change one's way of thinking and living to be in harmony with God's commandments and way of thinking, etc. I've just been skipping to baptism. This week we really had a TON of success as I noticed my attitude changed (because I understand my purpose). We helped people to realize that by keeping their commitments to read, pray, go to church, etc they are showing God their desire to do what is right and to receive a remission of their sins. Then baptism fits in so wonderfully and simply. Baptism is a promise with God that they'll continue keeping His commandments and really do all they can to live with Him again. I feel GREAT!
 This is the last week before changes. It is really possible that either Elder Willett or I get changed (he's been my longest companion--three changes!). We really want Sigifredo to get baptized. He told me "hazte cuenta que ya me bautice." Which means basically, "consider me as already baptized" because, he says, he does want to get baptized, but needs to work a few things out. But we were the missionaries who finally helped him to get an answer. I love him and his wife Tere! She LOVES church. She really has been looking for the truth her whole life, and it amazes me how grateful she is that she really finally found it. I have to go! I love you all! I'm glad you had a happy thanksgiving! I look forward to calling home at Christmas! How wonderful that Max keeps getting to hear from apostles. This week is the mission tour. Elder Tenorio of the 70 and Area Presidency is coming to Guadalajara on Friday. Supposedly he'll be accompanying one companionship, and supposedly it's VERY possibly somebody in our zone. Who knows? But it'd be SO incredible to have one of the 70 come see my investigators! I hope so!
  I love you all! Harry Potter isn't bad! It's just a distraction! Don't worry, I'll come home in 10 months and the thing that you'll REALLY only hate about me will be my AWFUL TAN!
    Love,
 Elder Mitchell Poirier

No comments:

Post a Comment