Wednesday, October 6, 2010

MTC: Letter #2

Dear Family,
  A couple things first: what's dad's work email, and WHY AREN'T YOU SENDING ME EMAILS?!! But I prefer letters b/c I can read them all week. Email is only 30 minutes on Tuesdays, but it'd be nice to have a few messages. I love you. So I've switched into the advanced spanish class which means a few things. 1) I have a new companion, Elder Midgley, who also switched into the advanced class. I miss my old district, the intermediate group, but I finally feel challenged. 2) I leave here now in about a week! It seems so soon compared to the expected 9 weeks. But since visas to Mexico are taking forever to get approved, I'm going to be temporarily reassigned to another mission, likely in the states! We had a health and safety meeting yesterday, and boy would it be nice to only have to worry about not doing tricks on the bike. Instead we're stressing about bats, birds, bugs, and diseases. Oh, and the water. I'm really enjoying myself here, but mostly because the days go by pretty quickly. It makes my day to get letters. General Conference was pretty cool. I meant to tell you that I couldn't try out for the choir because it had already been made when I arrived in the MTC. It would have been awesome if you could have seen me in the MTC choir at the Priesthood session though! I did see a few people I recognized from around here.
So I'm in the laundry room. I've written most things I wanted to say in the letters I just wrote. My new companion is Elder Midgley who is from Dallas Texas.  He's going to serve in Quito Equador. He was a frat boy at USC! But we actually do get along because he's really laid back and I could persuade him to do anything I need to do. Again this keyboard is typing weird, so I'm not going to correct it from now on. So General Conference was really good. I heard that talk during the Priesthood session by the guy with an English accent. Suddenly I found myself thinking all about Harry Potter and didn't realiize what had triggered it. It was the English accent. SSoo I don't know if that was my favorite talk because it made me think of Harry or because it actually was a good talk. My companion leaves for Ecquador Monday at three AM. I can't wait to find out where I'll go! Apparently, and i just found this out, I'll have to come back to the MTC once I get my "promiso" or something. And then wait here until I actually leave for Mexico. So today we went to the temple and we got more group photos.  But this is my new district. Spending all this time together really is making us close, but I still love and miss my old district.
So I do need a few things still, the rain coat/ winter coat. Bed bug suffocater. Sunglasses, sure, but cool ones. And my tie hanger, maybe two of them. They're in my closet. So I really wish that I could see you all every now and then. I cross the street to go to the temple or the field (before it was closed) and always hope to see Aleksi's carr. This keyboard sucks. Well, I don't know what more to say, but I hope that you all write me! And email me! And tell my friends to write me too!!
I really wish I had had the courage to tell my friends that I reeaally do know this church is the true church of Jesus Christ, restored on the Earth once more. The gospel of Jesus Christ blesses families. I encourage you all to find out for yourself if it is true! Read from the Book of Mormon, pray to know if it's true. Pay attention to how you feel. The Holy Ghost will manifest the truth of it to you. The Gospel makes me SO happy! And I know that it will bless the families of Mexico! If you have questions about what we believe, contact local missionaries on mormon.org!

I love you all!!! Miss you! and Blueberry-Pineapple Pina Colada Pie :(

Love,
Elder Mitchell Poirier!

No comments:

Post a Comment