Wednesday, September 8, 2010

TWO MORE WEEKS


I've been trying to be patient and stay busy,
but since I have no job and too much time..

1) I've become the Poirier family House Elf
(driving, painting, cleaning, dog-walking, etc).

2) I have been re-reading the Harry Potter series,
as Elder Christiansen had advised me.
*Note the HP reference in 1)

3) I've been reading the Book of Mormon in
Spanish (it's really helping my vocab and grammar).

4) I've been mission-shopping:
shoes, ties, shirts, suits, sheets, luggage, and such.

5) I have been listening to all my music I'll miss,
especially the Shins and the Strokes.

6) I visitied my brother, Max, and all my friends in Gainesville.
Thanks for making me the pies!

7) I've replaced the battery in Sal (my red pick-up truck).

8) I've been playing "Jealousy" with Bentley, my bulldog.
He really thinks I want his toys.

9) I've been going out with the missionaries in our ward
and learning how they teach and work together.

10) And I have been learning all I can about what to expect
when I'm in Mexico: no mail, bedbugs, hand-washing laundry,
great food, bad water, and the best people.

1 comment:

  1. This post made me realize how much i'm going to miss you! GOOD LUCK IN MEXICO BROTHER!!!!

    ReplyDelete